What Does it Mean When your Jewelry Says ".925"?

What Does it Mean When your Jewelry Says ".925"?

Do you have a piece of jewelry that is stamped with a mark that says "925" and your wondering what it means?

Is it just a random number or does it hold some significance in the world of jewelry? As it turns out, that small but mighty number is actually a mark of quality and authenticity. In order for a piece of jewelry to be labeled as sterling silver, it must contain at least 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% being made up of other metals for added strength and durability. This .925 stamp is a symbol of the craftsmanship and care that goes into creating high-quality jewelry. So the next time you see that number on your favorite necklace or ring, you can be sure that you are wearing a piece of jewelry that is not only beautiful but also made to last. 

"knowledge is power" and now you have the power to elevate your jewelry game. If you're looking for more pieces made of .925 material we have a great selection at XO Hanalei jewelry. 

Back to blog